As more and more customer transactions occur virtually, the quality of online help desks and customer service support is becoming an essential differentiator for companies. An estimated 73% of consumers say a good experience is critical in influencing their brand loyalties.
Customer satisfaction directly impacts the bottom line, too, as 84% of companies that work to improve their customer experience report an increase in their revenue.
Apart from the stats, it is important to look for examples of company success stories improving customer service and productivity. Having high-performance customer service is essential for any company, regardless of industry. Check out these five case studies that will help you improve this process in your business.
How Quick Heal optimized their customer service, extending support hours and responding to inquiries faster
Quick Heal Technologies is a leading provider of internet security tools and anti-virus software, serving millions of users worldwide. Like many fast-growing companies, they experienced bottlenecks in their customer service process due to the high volume of requests.
- No system to track requests from different sources.
- Agents could not maintain a global view of the customer request, negatively impacting customer service.
- High incidence of lost tickets and incomplete information.
- Customers were not happy with the support delays.
- The existing system did not manage its workflow.
Quick Heal researched several options yet didn’t find a solution with the right blend of factors. That’s when the team signed up for a free trial of Kayako. Before the free trial even ended, Quick Heal decided that Kayako was the right solution.
Kayako’s Shared Inbox Solution creates a frictionless experience by unifying interactions from different sources like email, Facebook, Twitter, and live chat. The Shared Inbox Solution means QuickHeal agents can serve customers more efficiently while preventing dropped tickets and lost conversations.
Kayako Benefits for Quick Heal:
- Reduced ticket response and resolution times
- Improved collaboration and reduced duplication of effort
- Extended support hours
- Consolidated conversations from multiple sources
“Without Kayako, we would not be able to manage all of the incoming ticket requests in an organized manner nor provide the quality of support we stand for. Kayako is far more efficient than our previous help desk system.”
Sushant Dashputre, Assistant Manager of Technical Support at Quick Heal
Are you ready to deliver Friction-Free Customer Service? Capture your customer’s entire journey in a way a support ticket or traditional help desk never could. Discover Kayako Single View
Increasing NameCheap’s agent productivity through a self-service knowledge base
Namecheap is a leading domain registrar and technology company that offers domain registration, hosting packages, and related services. Customer support is vital to Namecheap, especially because they serve many repeat customers. Scaling personalization in support is imperative to avoid customer churn.
- No optimized workflow for the high volume of requests led to customer complaints.
- Due to a complicated and overwhelming process when responding to customer tickets, Agents became stressed.
- Low productivity for service agents.
Namecheap began to look for a reliable, unified customer service software solution. They had difficulty finding an option that fit all their needs. The Namecheap team then learned about Kayako and decided to try it.
After Namecheap integrated Kayako into their website, they saw an immediate improvement in agent productivity. They implemented a Self-Service Portal with tools like macro-libraries of responses, automated replies, and a self-help knowledge base to help customers get helpful answers anytime they need help.
Kayako’s SingleView gives agents a complete visualization of the entire customer journey, from initial purchase to most recent customer service inquiry for individualized customer questions needing personalized support. Kayako enables Namecheap to scale personalized customer service, the holy grail for companies with a high volume of repeat customers.
Kayako Benefits for Namecheap:
- Improved self-service knowledge base.
- Streamlined ticket management.
- Boosted productivity.
- Increased customer satisfaction.
“One of the things we most value about Kayako is how carefully they have thought about real-life support processes. In all aspects, Kayako provides us with value in buckets.”
Nata Trusova, Director of Customer Support at Namecheap
How Envato manages multiple customer bases in one place and resolves tickets faster
Envato is a world-leading online community for creatives. The company’s steady growth since 2006 outpaced its existing resources for support requests. Envato tried building their own help desk and quickly saw that a DIY solution would be prohibitively expensive in terms of time and money.
They began to search for an existing customer service software solution that could meet their needs and fit their budget.
- Existing support system not keeping up with the volume of requests.
- Support requests were hard to track, sometimes going to individual emails.
- Envato managed multiple customer databases and needed a way to coordinate them.
Using Kayako’s SingleView dashboard, Envato could access multiple customer databases in just one place. SingleView provides a complete view of the customer journey so that customer service agents can provide personalized support to every customer.
Using features like Kayako’s ticket parsing rules, Smart Routing and internal collaboration tools helps Envato efficiently give customers accurate answers every time. With Kayako, the Envato team handles more requests in less time while increasing the quality of customer service. Best of all, Kayako is a scalable solution that can grow with Envato.
Kayako Benefits for Envato:
- Increased customer satisfaction.
- Resolved tickets faster.
- Managed all customer databases in a single system.
- Boosted productivity.
“Kayako has allowed us to extensively customize our help desk. This really meant that we can just make our help desk work in the way we want, rather than coming up with an elaborate system to fit into the technical requirements of other help desks. It has functionality that other support providers have not been able to match.”
Jordan McNamara, Community Manager, Envato
Increasing Texas Tech´s customer satisfaction with a communication and collaboration platform
Texas Tech University is a top institution focused on advancing higher education, research, and health care. With more than 10,000 employees and over 36,000 students, their support team was overwhelmed with the volume of service requests.
- Support staff, students, faculty, and many other stakeholders were frustrated because the system couldn’t handle the high volume of support requests.
- The situation reflected poorly on their brand as a top higher education institution.
- Staff was trying to manage support requests using a shared Outlook account.
- They had no way to collaborate internally on support requests.
After comparing different options, Texas Tech chose Kayako because it offered Kayako Collaborators Feature they needed to coordinate internal communications and to serve customers with faster responses.
Their team quickly implemented Kayako’s out-of-the-box features and immediately saw improvement.
“Once we implemented Kayako, we immediately noticed an increase in the quality of communication and collaboration, especially between our support and development team. Our customers also praised the improved communication.”
Kevin Eyck, Enterprise Server Administrator, Texas Tech University
Kayako’s integrated self-service feature helped Texas Tech reduce the number of live-agent.
tickets by assisting customers in helping themselves. Texas Tech also leveraged Kayako’s customization options, using a custom LoginShare and integrating it with the intranet and applications used on their campus.
Kayako didn’t just help Texas Tech improve the support experience for the customer; it also enhanced their internal team’s productivity.
With Kayako, Texas Tech University handles all of its support requests quickly and easily resolves customer problems. Customers also benefit from the improved processes for ticket management and communication.
Kayako Benefits for Texas Tech University:
- Reduced the number of support tickets.
- Improved internal collaboration.
- Increased customer satisfaction.
- Gained self-service capability.
How Kayako helped CoinStop reduce average response time and implement omnichannel customer support
Coinstop is a trusted provider of cold storage cryptocurrency hardware wallets. After launching in 2016, Coinstop experienced extremely rapid growth.
They soon struggled to manage and respond to all of the support inquiries and questions from potential customers. The Coinstop team began searching for a customer service software solution that was easy to use and implement.
- Rapid growth was putting a strain on the existing bare-bones support process.
- Coinstop must spend time educating customers as well as selling to them.
- Customer service practices did not scale with the company.
- Coinstop was providing customer support using a single email account.
- Manually responding to hundreds of emails per day wasn’t a productive use of time.
- There was no way to track the progress of support requests, they couldn’t standardize responses across the various agents, and they found themselves asking repetitive questions that frustrated their customers.
Coinstop needed a help desk and live chat software to organize and optimize their support. They chose Kayako customer support software because it offers the best experience for both support agents and customers.
Using the Kayako dashboard, agents can interact with customers across multiple social platforms, email, and live chat. Agents can see the customer’s history from all channels, not just chat or email.
Everyone on the Coinstop team has immediate access to all the information they need to provide quick, personalized support to customers with Kayako’s SingleView.
Kayako Benefits for Coinstop:
- Reduced average response time.
- Managed a higher volume of tickets with the same number of agents.
- Improved collaboration between departments.
- Implemented omnichannel support.
“You need one place to browse every single conversation you have had with each customer. Kayako is very well organized. You can tie everything into it, including emails, social media, and team members.”
Christopher Pavlesic, Co-Founder of Coinstop
Common Challenges, Custom Solutions for Customer Service Help Desk
As you can see, companies across a spectrum of industries often share similar challenges with customer service. Do you have questions about improving your customer service process? Join world-class customer support teams like the companies in these case studies using Kayako to deliver exceptional customer experiences. Book a Demo today.